Tuesday, 15 February 2011

A Huge Lost on Valentine’s Day

By Tam Mei Yun

MELAKA: Valentine's Day is very special to every couple as this is the day they celebrate the love for each other. Unfortunately, a fatal fire had happened at Jalan Bendahara around 11pm yesterday and an Indian shop was burned-down.

          The shop owner, Vijruh, 49, closed his shop at around 9pm, 2 hours before the fire struck his shop. According to one of the firefighter, the fire was caused by electrical faults associated with the wiring from the shop. It took about 25 minutes for the firefighters to extinguish the fire. However, there was nothing left even though the fire was under controlled. 

Firefighters are trying to extinguish the fire.



           Malaka Chief Minister, Datuk Seri Mohd Ali Rustam also came to the spot and check on the case. He said that the government will give out its warmest hand to help Vijruh.

Melaka Chief Minister came to the spot and try his best to help Vijruh. 

           According to the victim, although he felt upset with the lost of the huge amount, he felt thankful as well as he were not in the shop while the tragedy happened.

           “ I went back home right after I finish my work. I just changed the wiring of my shop two days ago and I bet it was not fixed properly. I was totally stunned when i received the call from the police station just now," said Vijruh. He also mentioned that he was really enraged because he has to deal with a huge lost now.




                                       Heartache sight: The shop that had been burned-down.

No comments:

Post a Comment